Darkness Into Light Toronto Fundraiser
With over 100 races taking place across Ireland, 10 across Canada and more in Europe Darkness Into Light has been making waves for 8 years now.
As the organizers say “Toronto is a global center for business, finance, arts, culture and is consistently ranked as one of the world’s most livable cities so what better place could there be to bring the annual Darkness Into Light 5k fundraiser to”.
Darkness Into light is an international event which fundraises for a great cause and hosts a unique event. They have decided to do just what their name suggests and host a run that starts in the dark and by the time you finish the sun will be rising.
To see so many people out running so early together and to quietly watch the sunrise together is really a very unique opportunity.
If we were to recommend one race that you do just once, this is it. Try something new, fun and unique which will give you a wolf pack type of vibe whilst crossing the line just as dawn is breaking. A truly one of a kind phenomenon that is Darkness Into Light.
You will also be raising money for a great cause and having a blast while doing it.
Date: May 7th 2016
Distance: 5km circuit
Starts/finishes at Harbourfront
Information & Tips
1. You MUST print your receipt and bring it on the morning to pick up your t-shirt.
2. Late registration on the morning of the race does not guarantee a t-shirt.
3. Please arrive early to allow time for parking. Remember, it is Toronto.
4. Bring a flashlight or headlamp and remember to wear visible clothing. It will be dark out at 5am on race day.
5. Please respect traffic guides and follow any instructions they give you to keep everyone safe.
6. Place all garbage in the provided garbage and recycling bins.
7. There will be no on-site coat check or personal item storage so come with only what you need to run.
To register Click Here
Adult – $35
OAP/Student/Job Seeker – $20
Family (2 adults & children) – $95
Group of 5 or more – $28